Kinesiology & Contemporary Dance
Every Thursday 18.30-19.30
Start of lessons 14.09.23
Dance teacher Vasia Roussi teaches
A course exploring the function of body parts and their relationship to gravity, space, time, speed, rhythm, stillness and movement in space.
•kinesthetic and emotional connection to a text/role
• the body will be ready to move/react with as many different qualities of movement as possible.
• peripheral vision will be worked on
•enhancing concentration and communication
• consciousness of the whole
•consciousness of body parts
• Exercises to wake up and strengthen the body
• Based on modern dance techniques (release, graham, improvisation, partnering)
"Together we will take a journey of expression through dance movement that will include many elements of contemporary dance as well as theatrical kinesiology. We will learn to place ourselves in space, use our peripheral vision but also to control our body weight. Through improvisational games we will indulge in the magic that movement gives you through the rhythm and of music" Vasia Russian